LA Pride Festival has added Eve, Natalia Jimenez, Icona Pop, Kim Petras and Keri Hilson to its previously announced headliners of Kehlani and Tove Lo for a female-driven lineup.
On June 9, R&B songstress Keri Hilson will take the Boulevard Stage. Pop duo Icona Pop, known for their singles “I Love It” feat. Charli XCX and “All Night,” breakout transgender singer Kim Petras, who has also collaborated with Charli XCX on the single “Unlock It,” and Kehlani will perform on the Park Stage (647 N San Vicente Blvd., West Hollywood, Calif.).
Eve, rapper and co-host of “The Talk,” and Tove Lo are scheduled to perform on the Park Stage on Sunday, June 10. Spanish singer/songwriter Natalia Jimenez will take the Plaza Stage.
“2018 is already proving to be the year of the woman,” Gregory Alexander, CSW Board Member and Programming Lead for the 2018 LA Pride Festival, said in a statement. “Female empowerment is more important than ever. These beautifully diverse artists embody everything that LA Pride 2018 represents, a celebration of self-expression and authenticity. Their confidence, fearlessness, and talent inspire us all to #JUSTBE.”
The strong female lineup comes in response to a recent Pitchfork study which compared 23 music festivals in the United States and Canada in 2017. The study concluded that out of more than 1,000 booked acts only 14 percent were female and only 12 percent were mixed-gender or non-binary.
Tickets are on sale starting at $25. For more details, visit here.
- Gay conservatives defend Buttigieg; Bloomberg slams Bernie Bros by Karen Ocamb | posted on February 19, 2020
- Texas sues to reverse California government travel ban by Staff reports | posted on February 15, 2020
- Canadian Olympic swimmer comes out in online essay by John Paul King | posted on February 20, 2020
- Lily Tomlin to be honored with foot and handprint ceremony at Chinese Theatre by John Paul King | posted on February 16, 2020
- Re-created 'Frankenstein' to take stage at the Wallis by John Paul King | posted on February 17, 2020