LA Leather Pride kicks off 10 days of celebration beginning with the Ms. Los Angeles Leather Contest on March 24 and culminating in the Off-Sunset Street Fair on Sunday, April 2, where record-breaking attendance is expected.
LA Leather Pride is produced by the Los Angeles Leather Coalition, a non-profit organization.
“We are about making a connection between the producers of the (Mr. / Ms. LA Leather) feeder contests, clubs, bars and businesses in Southern California,” said Marlon Morales, chair of LA Pride 2017. “Our purpose is to showcase and create a space to celebrate the amazing range of fetish and kink interests that make the L.A. scene unique. In the end, we are able to make meaningful contributions to our charity partners: Tom of Finland Foundation, ONE Gay & Lesbian Archives, and SAGE.”
Local bars and other organizations hold contests to select their representative for Mr. LA Leather. The winner is selected at the Mr. LA Leather contest held on Saturday, April 1 at The Globe Theatre, followed by the official after-party. Other official and not-so-official parties can be found by visiting gayinla.com’s calendar section. Mr. LA Leather will compete in the International Mr. Leather contest held in Chicago on May 29.
This year’s theme is L.A. CODE; just before the AIDS crisis Los Angeles was at the center of a moment of sexual freedom and American culture took notice. Many of the fetish codes still in use today began here. Make no mistake, the LA Leather scene is thriving.
“What’s striking about the LA scene is we refuse to settle for mediocrity and we encourage new forms of play,” said Morales. “These are among reasons that makes Los Angeles a unique place. We believe you will experience our message of renewed focus on unabashed fun, playful, sex.”
For more information about LA Leather Pride, visit their web site:
LA LEATHER PRIDE EVENTS
Sat., March 25, 9p.m.-12 a.m., Sanctuary Studios LAX
• CODE: CONVERGENCE – The Ms. L.A. Leather Victory Party, Mr. L.A. Leather Contestant Introductions and L.A. Bootblack Contest.
Sun, March 26, 3-7p.m. at Bullet Bar
• VIP Cocktail Reception, Wed., March 29, 6-9 p.m., Tom House
• Official Meet & Greet for Mr. L.A. Leather 2017, Thurs., March 30, 7-9 p.m. at Precinct
• The Roast of Jeffrey Erdman – Mr. LA Leather 2016, Thurs., March 30, 10-11:30 p.m. at Precinct
•The Assembly Uniform Reception, Friday, March 31, 7-10 p.m. at Rough Trade Gear
• Maximus Cigar Social, Friday, March 31,10 p.m.-12 a.m., Eagle LA
• Den L.A. Presents: CODE!, the Official LA Leather Weekend Dance & Play Party
Friday, March 31, 9 p.m.-3 a.m. at Sanctuary Studios LAX
• AFTERMATH – LA Leather Pride After Hours, Friday, March 31, 9 p.m.- 5 a.m. at Threshold LA
• Leather Dog Pound, Friday, March 31, 9 p.m.-2 a.m. at Bullet Bar
• Mr. LA Leather 2017 Contest, Saturday, April 1, 7-10 p.m., The Globe Theater
• Legion Dance, Saturday, April 1, 10 p.m.-4 a.m., The Globe Theater
• Off-Sunset Festival, Sunday, April 2, 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Santa Monica Blvd. (between Myra Ave and Gateway Ave)
• Official L.A. Leather Pride Closing Party and Victory Celebration, Sunday, April 2, 5-10 p.m. at The Faultline.