September 4, 2018 at 2:04 pm PST | by Staff reports
LA DA declines to prosecute another Kevin Spacey case

Kevin Spacey (Photo via Flickr)

Prosecutors for the Entertainment Sex Crimes Task Force of the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office say they are declining to prosecute Kevin Spacey in a 1992 criminal sexual assault case. The case had been submitted to their office for review by the LA County Sheriff’s Department in August.

“The reporting party alleged that he was the victim of a sexual assault,” the district attorney’s office said on Tuesday. “The allegation is outside the statute of limitations, therefore, an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence is not warranted and prosecution is declined.”

According to the DA’s office, the victim was not a minor at the time of the alleged crime. An unnamed adult gay man had alleged Spacey assaulted him in West Hollywood in October 1992.

However, the DA’s office did acknowledge that the 59- year old actor is still under scrutiny in another case that alleges he attacked a man in Malibu in October 2016. That case remains under review, a spokesperson said.

Actor Anthony Rapp became the first person to make an allegation against Spacey in the US, claiming he was 14 when the then-26-year-old Spacey made a sexual advance to him in 1986. Spacey later publicly apologized to Rapp, although it was later determined that Rapp’s allegations fell outside the statute of limitations, as well.

Outside of the United States, Spacey is being investigated in the UK for six sexual assault claims over 22 years during which time he served as the artistic director at London’s The Old Vic theatre between 2004 and 2015.

Reporting by Agence France Presse, ITV-UK, and the staff of the Los Angeles Blade

Comments are closed
© Copyright Los Angeles Blade, LLC. 2018. All rights reserved.