October 1, 2018 at 11:50 am PST | by Staff reports
Kevin Spacey named in new civil complaint in Los Angeles
Kevin Spacey, gay news, Washington Blade

Kevin Spacey (Photo by Vonora; courtesy Bigstock)

Out actor Kevin Spacey was named in another court filing reported on by Tribune Media/Deadline this past week alleging that the actor had sexually assaulted a massage therapist.

In the explicit 11-page document filed in Superior Court for Los Angeles Sept. 27, the unnamed “John Doe” claims that “Spacey assaulted and battered plaintiff by forcing plaintiff to touch his scrotum, testicles, and penis, grabbing plaintiff’s shoulders and pulling him in for an apparent attempted forced kiss, and grabbing plaintiff’s genitalia.”

The alleged incident occurred at a private residence in October of 2016 in Malibu, California. When the plaintiff asked Spacey prior to the massage if there was a problem area he needed to be aware of, Spacey said “words to the effect that he was having some pain or discomfort in his groin area.” Instead of laying face down, Spacey lay on the table face up and when John Doe started massaging the actor’s leg, Spacey grabbed his hand and pulled him to the groin area.

John Doe gave Spacey “the benefit of the doubt,” thinking perhaps the actor wanted the pained groin area massaged. But it happened a second time. “Spacey again grabbed Plaintiff’s hand but this time forced Plaintiff’s hand to rub his penis, scrotum, and testicles.”

In shock, John Doe “stepped backwards exclaiming words to the effect of ‘What are you doing? This is ridiculous. I am a professional. This is what I do for a living. I have a son.”

Spacey allegedly didn’t give up, getting off the table, grabbing John Doe’s genitals and saying “words to the effect ‘just let me give you a blow job.’”

The complaint continues: “During these assaults, plaintiff repeatedly asked Spacey to allow him to leave, but Spacey blocked access to the massage table and the door with his naked body.” Eventually, Spacey let him go.

John Doe reported the assaults to the Los Angeles Police Department, attorneys at the Genie Harrison Law Firm, APC, which specialists in employment law, wrote in the complaint.

An LAPD spokesperson told the Los Angeles Blade Monday that it had no comment, but noted that the City of Malibu contracts with the LA County Sheriff’s Department’s Lost Hills Substation for law enforcement services. A spokesperson for the LA County Sheriff also declined comment.

Last month, LA County District Attorney Jackie Lacey’s Entertainment Sex Crimes Task Force declined to prosecute Spacey in an alleged 1992 assault in West Hollywood because of the California’s statute of limitations.  However, a spokesperson for the DA’s office confirmed to the Los Angeles Blade that the 59-year old actor is under scrutiny in the Malibu case, which remains under review with no criminal charges yet filed.

Outside of the United States, Spacey is being investigated in the U.K. for six sexual assault claims over 22 years, during which time he served as the artistic director at London’s The Old Vic theatre between 2004 and 2015.

The civil filing asks for unspecified damages.

Spacey has not yet commented on the latest allegation.

Reporting by Tribune/Deadline Media and the staff of the Los Angeles Blade.

Comments are closed
© Copyright Los Angeles Blade, LLC. 2018. All rights reserved.